Sync with GitHub
Amplication can push the code of your app to a GitHub repository. It will provide you with full control on your app, and will also allow you to easily track the changes and the code generated by Amplication.
- For every commit you create in Amplication, it will push a new Pull Request to your GitHub repository with the updated code.
- You will always have the choice how and if to merge the changes to your branch.
- The pull request will be created in a new branch, with the default branch of your repository (usually master or main) as a base.
- The code from Amplication will be created relatively to the root of the selected repository.
- The selected repository must not be empty, so please create at least one file in the root folder.
If you want to create a new repository in GitHub, you can do so here. Select Initialize this repository with a README file to make sure the new repository is not empty.
Authorize Amplication to access your GitHub account
Before integrating your application with GitHub, you need to authorize Amplication to get access to your GitHub account.
- Open up an Amplication project.
- Click Connect to GitHub at the bottom left of your project.
If this is the first time that you have connected to GitHub, the Connect to GitHub button is displayed. If you have already connected to GitHub, you will be prompted to choose the installed organization. If several organizations are configured, you will be prompted to select the required organization.
- Click Connect to GitHub The Install Amplication Github App opens.
- Select the GitHub account you want to use.
- In the new window, select on which repositories you want to install the app.
Currently, only by connecting to an organization can you create a new GitHub Repository. A User can sync only with an existing repository.
Create a new Pull Request in GitHub
Amplication will automatically push a new Pull Request to your GitHub repository, every time you commit your changes.
- To test the process, make a change in your application and click the Commit changes & build button on the right side panel.
- To view your previous commits in Amplication, select the drop down from the top of the page, then click Commits.
- To view the new Pull Request in GitHub, select the most recent commit and click Open with GitHub, located at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now view the code changes generated by Amplication, and merge the changes.