Connect Amplication server to GitHub
Amplication already provides built-in integration with GitHub to push the generated application to a GitHub repository.
When running a local Amplication server you first need to configure the server to integrate with a new GitHub app, following the steps below.
Step 1: Create a new GitHub App
- Go to https://github.com/settings/apps
- Click OAuth Apps
- Click Register a new application
Enter the fields as follows:
- Application name - give the application any name
- Homepage URL - full URL to your app homepage
- Application description - optional
- Authorization callback URL - set to http://localhost:3001. If you are hosting the Amplication server on any other address, use the specific address.
Click Register application
- Click Generate a new client secret
- Copy and save the Client secret and Client ID of your new GitHub application.
Step 2: Configure Amplication server to work with the new GitHub app
- Go to
- Add the
.env.localfile to the root of the server directory.
- Add the following content to the file
GITHUB_APP_CLIENT_SECRET = [use-secret-manager]
GITHUB_APP_CLIENT_ID = [github-app-client-id]
GITHUB_APP_APP_ID = [github-app-app-id]
GITHUB_APP_PRIVATE_KEY = [github-app-private-key]
GITHUB_APP_INSTALLATION_URL = [github-app-installation-url]
[use-secret-manager]with the Client secret of the new GitHub application.
[github-app-client-id]with the Client ID of the new GitHub application.
Restart Amplication server.